All my life I have been surrounded by animals, mostly dogs and cats. By the time I was 12 I discovered I had an affinity to helping animals in need.
I am not a veterinarian, my passion for assisting animal friends with whole foods and herbs came through my studies at Baumen College a holistic nutrition program. I began my studies in 1994 in Santa Cruz, Ca. where I went through:
- Two year certified nutrition program
- Three month intensive western herbal program with Christopher Hobbs, L.Ac., Ph.D.
- 10-month herbal program through Rosemary Gladstar (Victoria, BC, Canada)
- Certified Massage program
- Craniosacral Therapy through the Upledger Institute
In 2002 we moved to Victoria BC, Canada where my husband I founded, owned and practiced at Simple Remedies Herbal Solution a western and eastern herbal apothecary and holistic clinic from 2003-2012 . From 2005-2016 I wrote for the Herbal Collective Magazine on natural dog and cat health. In 2009 I founded Way of Life Matters and in 2012 we moved to Nelson BC where I continue to assist humans and animals in their health.
I am happy to pass on my vast knowledge in assisting you in helping your animal friend with their diet or herbal remedies and I do so by contribution.